All families need help sometimes. The following websites may serve as useful resources, pertaining to parenting advice, stages of child development, and parenting classes and programs available across Iowa.
Prevent Child Abuse Iowa partners with local organizations that offer parent resources, such as parent education and young parent support groups, sexual abuse prevention classes, and crisis and respite child care in communities across the state. If you are seeking direction on where to go for help, the Iowa Family Support Network hosts a catalog of resources, you may also call their support number for immediate assistance 1.888.425.4371.
- A resource to help address common challenges in parenting children ages 2–4, developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Information about parenting, child development, pregnancy and more.
- Simply dial 211 on your phone, or visit the website to search a variety of local community resources.
- Resources for families and parent education opportunities.
- Details about classes offered in Iowa.
- Family support services and programs offered across the state.
- A variety of parenting information compiled into one resource, sorted by topic.
- A research-based learning network with many parenting resources.
- Assistance with selecting a child care provider that meets your family's needs.
Early ACCESS Browse early intervention resources in Iowa for infants and toddlers. Or, search specific resources through the state resource directory.
Make a Donation
Your support creates happy, safe childhoods for all kids leading to a better future for Iowa.
How We Prevent Child Abuse in Iowa
What we do and how you can make a difference.