Child abuse is preventable. It is not a social ill that can be resolved by individuals or organizations acting alone. It can, however, be prevented if Iowans come together, using their talents, time and resources to reach out to families across the state.
Community members should invest effort in creating a state free from abuse – whether they have children or not. Everyone would benefit from a state free of child abuse, as all children would more likely grow into responsible, productive members of society. Solid child development is the key foundation for solid community and economic development.
People can help in a variety of ways, including:
- Raise awareness among friends and family that child abuse is preventable and a cause worthy of commitment
- Spread the word to parents that services are available to help them during stressful times
- Offer parents a break from parenting
- Volunteer time to a community event dedicated to preventing child abuse
- Raise funds for local programs that provide education and support for parents
Prevent Child Abuse Iowa provides assistance to local community organizations through communication and public awareness training, in order to help build community engagement at the local level.
Make a Donation
Your support creates happy, safe childhoods for all kids leading to a better future for Iowa.